May you be free from fear... May you be free from desire...
May you be blessed with unity... May you be blessed with peace...
May you be blessed with unity... May you be blessed with peace...
A new leaf, that is. Yes, Again... what else is there to do, really?! I'm not even going to say what I turned over this time or why or when. I know the suspense is killing you all. Ha!
What I'm present to is a recent visit to a medium who, once again, confirmed through channelling various relatives on the other side, things I already knew and am working on.
I have a friend who is new to the whole idea of channeling and Runes, and Tarot, mediums, spirit animals and psychics, numerology - palm reading - fairy cards, stone power and tree talk, you get the idea. All this is new to her, completely, as amazing as that sounds. Talk about sheltered! =) Anywho, given the overwhelming "newbieness," I felt obliged to share a bit of my vast own experience that 99% of the valid and good messages received via those various methods usually served to confirm something I already knew. You have to be careful, obviously?, for screwballs and frauds just after your money... I trusted my gut and that didn't always work out,
Ok back on "track" such as it is. I "happened" to tune into an episode of This American Life last night that brought me to tears and inspired me to research respectful ways of honoring our dead. The story by Miki Meek on the "One Last Thing Before I Go," was amazing!
That is all for now.
For your eye for beauty... a fun garden option spill those pots
For your corny funny bone:
LEXOPHILES (LOVERS OF WORDS):
1. A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
2. A will is a dead giveaway.
3. Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
4. A backward poet writes inverse.
5. In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.
6. A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.
7. If you don't pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.
8. With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.
9. Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I'll show you A-flat miner.
10. When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
11. The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.
12. A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.
13. You are stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
14. Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.
15. He broke into song because he couldn't find the key.
16. A calendar's days are numbered.
17. A lot of money is tainted: 'Taint yours, and 'taint mine.
18. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
19. He had a photographic memory which was never developed.
20. A plateau is a high form of flattery.
21. The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.
22. Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
23. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
24. If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.
25. When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.
26. Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
27. Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
28. Acupuncture: a jab well done.
29. Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.
30. The roundest knight at king Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
31. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
32. She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.
33. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
34. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
35. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
36. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
37. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
38. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
39. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
40. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'
41. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
42. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
43. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'
44. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
45. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
46. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
I'm SO HAPPY English is NOT my second language! Yikes!
Today is Monday, September 11, 2017. 16 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, It's a landmark that always takes me back to Venice Beach where I lived at the time and the fact that I didn't own a TV and had a beautiful and exciting photography 5 week European adventure planned for 10 days hence. I lived and thrived just fine without TV. I joined my friend, Jane, on her couch to watch the insane images of 9/11. What a crazy journey I've been on ever since. That was before my solo RV undertaking and every wonderful thing that has followed since... the NYC project, meeting Chris, starting my own business, taking responsibility for my drinking and smoking... so much has happened in eleven years! It makes me wonder and ponder and consider what my life may look like eleven years from now... 2028. I may actually want to consider creating some intentions...? Maybe a thoughtful option...? To do list item, that!
Anywho that is what comes to mind on September 11th of any year. Gratitude and reflections, wonder and amazement, analysis and inquiry. I'd like more good things... friends, beautiful days, wonderful food and animals and views and family, perhaps. Alignment with self and serenity and all the promises have to offer. I'm open and curious, not fearful or embarrassed.
I'm very grateful and aware that my perspective on 9/11 does not include a personal experience of loss or sacrifice or tragedy. For this I am also grateful and extend my heart to those who still suffered then and may be hurting still.
There is no controlling life.
Try corralling a lightning bolt, containing a tornado.
Dam a stream and it will create a new channel.
Resist, and the tide will sweep you off your feet.
Allow, and grace will carry you to higher ground.
The only safety lies in letting it all in --
the wild and the weak; fear,
fantasies, failures and success.
When loss rips off the doors of
the heart, or sadness veils your
vision with despair, practice
becomes simply bearing the truth.
In the choice to let go of your
known way of being, the whole
world is revealed to your new eyes.
So the poison ivy experience presented quite a journey of interesting exploration into a physical way of relaxing and being and letting it all "hang out" that I was not expecting. Odd and fun and weird and wonderful. Thare you go.... let your imaginations run wild with the details of that... or not.
The transition from a full time insane project back to plenty of me free time is well underway. Each step moves me forward toward a much more pleasant and inviting way to spend my days. Grateful and wiser in many ways I'm looking at fall with new eyes again and playing with body speak. I'll say more and more as the days progress. For now what there is is gratitude and grace... photos - drawing - guitar - singing - comedy - gardens and gifts of conversations with new and future and past friends of all sorts. Hooray!
Laurie Anne McCauley
Did that make you feel better?
I decided back in November 2015 to make my poetry available and journal online. I'm not exactly sure what "blogging" means but I am quite sure this is an online journal. Feel free to read on with an aire of open minded curiosity. At no time do I intend to offend, judge or pretend to know anything really, I'm just an observer and explorer, as we all are. Feel free to "boldly go" through my observations and perhaps it will spark or inspire. Comments are off because I don't want to be worried about political correctness when I'm writing. I'm not thinking about "you." I'm just writing because it feels "right". Feel free to enjoy or surf on.
Fibber McGee's closet!